Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) – The Head and Neck Cancer Team
The Speech and Language Therapists work as part of the ENT team to help patients with speech, voice and swallowing problems.
Head and Neck Cancer, and its treatments, can have an impact on swallowing, voice and speech. This can be a time of huge change and adaptation, and it is our role to support patients through this journey.
We see patients from before diagnosis, right through to after treatment. We assess, diagnose and treat swallowing and communication problems. Our aim is to help patients regain the ability to speak, eat and drink as normally as possible, and to offer support and guidance with holistic needs.
- Joint Pre-treatment sessions with Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Joint consultations in ENT clinic
- Dedicated assessment and therapy sessions in SLT clinic
- Telephone review and domiciliary service for patients during treatment
- Survivorship and post treatment group sessions
- Objective swallowing assessment – Videofluoroscopy and FEES (fibreoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing) clinics
For more information on our services, please contact the Speech and Language Therapy Department on 0121 424 0432 or see our webpage
Faye Moffat – Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist in Head and Neck Oncology
Nicola Pargeter – Principal Speech and Language Therapist (ENT)
Marina Maramao– Specialist Speech & Language Therapist in Head and Neck Oncology